"We independently review the products we recommend! When you buy through links on TheLadyChef.com, We may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more"
Craving for some crisp, fried chips but your low-calorie diet does not allow? Not to worry anymore! The best thing is that you can make them in bulk, and keep them in jars for a quick munching. I usually fill my daughter’s lunchbox with these crisps and her friends always ask for more. So here is an easy-peasy snack recipe you can try today!
Ingredients For Air Fryer Carrot Chips
You will need:
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
Carrots: Since people on a weight loss diet tend to avoid starchy vegetables and fried foods, carrots are the best alternative to make healthy chips. Carrots should be sliced in ½-inch-thick slices to ensure uniform air frying.
Olive oil: A drizzle of olive oil infuses flavor and enhances the flavor of the carrot chips. You can also use sesame oil or avocado oil as per your preference.
Herbs and Spices: In my recipe, I have used minimum ingredients to keep it simple. Garlic powder makes the sweet flavor of carrots blend into a more strong and aromatic flavor. You can also make them spicier by adding cayenne pepper, chili flakes, etc.
Note: Using herbs like dried thyme, rosemary, basil, etc makes the chips taste even better.
Salt: Use salt as per taste and preference.
Marjoram: Dried marjoram is an aromatic herb and its flavor tastes best with carrot chips. You can replace it with oregano if you like.
How to make Air Fryer Carrot Chips?
Step one: prepare the carrot chips
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Slice the carrots into ½-inch thick slices. Use a chef’s knife or a slicer to ensure that all of them are of equal size.
- Add some olive oil to the chips and mix well.
- Add garlic powder, marjoram, salt, and any other optional herbs and spices you would like to add.
- Mix well so that the chips are coated properly with all the spices.
Step two: Air frying the chips
- Preheat the air fryer to 195C.
- Arrange the carrot chips in a lined air fryer basket. Do not overload the basket so that the hot air can circulate through each cut chip.
- Place the air fryer basket in its place and air fry the chips for 15 minutes.
- During the cooking time, open the basket and turn the chips so they are evenly cooked from all sides.
- Check the chips to ensure they reach the desired crisp texture and golden appearance.
- When the carrot chips are ready, turn off the air fryer and remove the basket.
- Let the chips cool down so the steam can escape and remain crisp.
- Serve with your favorite dip or main meals.
Alternative Spices and Herbs
- Try 1 teaspoon of paprika, thyme, or rosemary for a different flavor twist.
- Experiment with 1/2 teaspoon of cumin or chili powder for a spicy kick.
Air Fryer Carrot Chips
- 4-5 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Marjoram
How to Make?
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash and peel the carrots. Slice them into thin, uniform chips.
- In a bowl, toss carrot slices with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of marjoram over the carrots. Toss again for even seasoning.
- Place the seasoned carrot chips in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 15 minutes or until the chips are golden and crispy, shaking the basket halfway through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your healthy carrot chips!