"We independently review the products we recommend! When you buy through links on TheLadyChef.com, We may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more"
Have you ever wondered what makes the creme brulee so popular? Yup! It’s the simplicity and sophistication of this decadent, creamy desert, and a perfect blend of flavors and textures. The classic French recipe requires simple ingredients, and is so easy to make when there is an air fryer! So yeah! Today we will be trying to make a perfect creme brulee in an air fryer, to save time and effort. Grap on your aprons fellas!
- Egg Yolks
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
Ingredient Notes and Variations
Eggs Yolks: The yolks create a thick custard and give a rich flavor to the desert. Use fresh eggs and allow the yolk to come at room temperature before using them.
Sugar: Sugar sweetens the dessert and is also used to make the caramel topping. You can always use brown sugar, stevia, or sugar alternated, but the dessert ends up best when you use white granulated sugar. Another good option is coconut sugar as it gives a nice coconut flavor, but for caramelization, you will need to use white granulated sugar.
Heavy Cream: Heavy cream with full-fat content makes the creamy desert with a thick texture.
Vanilla Extract: It is required in a very small amount. It conceals the typical egg odor and adds to the pleasant taste of the creme brulee. Use vanilla beans for a richer taste.
How to make Air Fryer Creme Brulee?
1: Preparing the mixture
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- In a mixing bowl, add yolks and sugar. Whisk well until sugar is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and remix it.
- Pour in heavy cream slowly and gradually and keep whisking until everything is well combined.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Take 6 ramekins or ceramic bowls and pour the mixture evenly into each one.
- Wrap each bowl tightly with aluminum foil.
2: Air frying the Creme Brulee
- Preheat the air fryer to 300F.
- When the air fryer is thoroughly preheated, place the bowls inside the basket and allow the creme brulee to cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, reduce the temperature to 250F and continue cooking for 30 more minutes. Do not open the air fryer in between.
- Cook until the edges are set but the centre is still soft and has a creamy texture.
- When the creme brulee is cooked, remove it from the air fryer and allow it to cool at room temperature for a while.
- When they are cool, wrap the bowls with a plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- When you are ready to serve the creme brulee, remove the aluminum foil and sprinkle some white granulated sugar on top of the custard.
- Use a kitchen torch to caramelize the granulated sugar until it forms a golden-colored crust.
- Serve right away.
Air Fryer Creme Brulee
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
How to Make?
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together 6 egg yolks until smooth.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the egg yolks. Whisk until well combined.
- Slowly pour the cream into the egg yolk mixture, stirring continuously.
- Divide the custard evenly among the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 300°F for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are set, and the center jiggles slightly.
- Allow the creme brulee to cool, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top of each custard and caramelize it with a kitchen torch until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the creamy goodness!