"We independently review the products we recommend! When you buy through links on TheLadyChef.com, We may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more"
Our Italian Cuisine lovers might be jumping with joy, because now you can make your favorite gnocchi in an air fryer too! It’s a blend of simple ingredients, but yields that exotic taste and makes up a classic side dish to go with many main menus. Take it at your next potluck party or enhance your dinner menu with this delicious gnocchi. It’s a simple recipe, so call your kids in the kitchen for an exciting cooking project!
You will need:
- Potato or Wheat Gnocchi (as per preference)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil (or any other vegetable oil)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Paprika powder
- Dried basil
- Salt and black pepper
- Light tomato sauce or Pesto sauce for dipping
- Fresh vegetable salad
- Mixed fruit bowl for serving alongside
Ingredient notes and Variations
Gnocchi: Yukon Gold potatoes make the best potato gnocchi. I have used Potato Gnocchi in this recipe, but you can also use wheat gnocchi which gives a real pasta vibe. Alternatively, you can buy Gluten-free gnocchi from any food store if you are allergic to gluten.
Note: You can also try using sweet potato Gnochhi to make the dish with a little twist.
Try making the gnocchi dough at home to prepare this dish from scratch. Just avoid large red potatoes as they are too waxy.
Cheese: Parmesan cheese incorporates a light cheesy flavor to the dish. If you like a stronger cheese flavor, opt for Mozzarella, Romano, or Asiago cheese.
Oil: I prefer to use olive oil in all my recipes because it is a light and healthy option. You can also use butter at room temperature as an alternative.
Onion powder: this lends a classic Italian flavor to the gnocchi.
Garlic powder: Garlic powder has a milder flavor than fresh garlic. You can also use garlic paste in lesser quantities.
Paprika powder: It makes Gnochhi mildly spicy. If you like yours more sharp in flavor, consider using some crushed red pepper.
Basil: Dried basil gives a hint of freshness to the dish.
Salt and black pepper: Use salt and black pepper to taste.
How to make Air fryer Gnocchi?
1: Mixing the Gnocchi
- Take a large mixing bowl and add Gnocchi to add. Mix in your choice of cheese, and add all the powdered spices and herbs.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle the olive oil (or pour the melted butter). Mix well so that all the ingredients are thoroughly coated on the gnocchi.
2: Preparing the Airfryer
- Use a silicone mold or liner to layer the Airfryer basket.
- Place the gnocchi in the layered air fryer basket so that no pieces overlap each other. If you have a small basket, bake in two separate batches.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F (200C) for at least 10 minutes.
3: Air Frying the Gnocchi
- Place the air fryer basket in the air fryer and bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Check and turn the pieces in between.
- When the Gnocchi becomes crisp and nicely golden, remove it from the air fryer.
- Sprinkle some more grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese over gnocchi. Serve hot with a light tomato sauce, pesto sauce, or any dip of your choice.
Air Fryer Gnocchi
- 1 lb Potato or Wheat Gnocchi
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or any other vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
How to Make?
- In a large bowl, combine 1 pound of gnocchi with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika powder, and dried basil.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix well until the gnocchi is thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the seasoned gnocchi in a single layer, avoiding overlap. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the air fryer basket in the preheated air fryer.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, turning the pieces halfway through.
- Remove when the gnocchi is crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle additional grated Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese over the cooked gnocchi.
- Serve hot.