A beef roast is one of the common dishes you would like to add to your family meal table. From non-festive gatherings to festive occasions, it is a must-have for any family lunch or dinner. A traditional-style beef roast with gravy makes the dish more authentic and appealing.
Here this recipe gives you the best taste and amazing appreciation for having the ultimate yield results. Let’s try out this wholesome roast beef with gravy recipe and make your meals appealing.
Easy Roast Beef With Gravy
- 1 ½ lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 red onion diced
- cup cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
How to Make?
- Preheat the oven to 450 F, and set the pan with aluminum foil.
- Toast the salt and pepper, set the onion over the roast, and pour vinegar over the sides.
- Wrap the roast in the foil by keeping the shiny side up. Seal the sides of the foil well.
- Pour the water of around one inch into the pan and put the wrapped roast in the pan.
- Bake it for 3 to 4 hours or until the roast is tender.
- Remove the roast when it is done. Allow the baking pan to cool down for a few minutes.
- In the pot, add the baked roast’s juicy water and 2 cups of water.
- Add all-purpose flour and cook it over the slow flame until turns thick.
- While simmering, occasionally keep stirring until the gravy becomes thick.
- Cut the slices of the roast and serve it with the gravy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is tempting to serve roast beef with gravy. Moreover, in the serving, it is tasty to add roasted potatoes, beans, and others of your taste.
While cooking the beef roast, put the flame low. It helps to get the perfect tender without letting the beef roast dry out. Often the perfect marinade will keep the natural moisture locked. The cooking time and flame level are necessary to manage while cooking roast beef.
The hot cooking surface will lead the dryness. It is important to manage the heat to keep the meat moist while cooking. Cook beef roast at a low flame for a longer period or medium flame for a short time will keep the moisture locked. It is safe to use the marinade for cooking the juicy beef roast.