The Glazed meatloaf is a tender and juicy serving for your meal as it combines sweet and tangy glaze with a rich flavor. Serve the meatloaf with veggies, toppings, or mashed potatoes to add more taste and flavor.
The glazed meatloaf is a perfectly tender and juicy dish with a unique taste. Although there are many variations of this fantastic dish, the glazed meatloaf recipe is one that you can confidently say that everything will be okay. The recipe I am sharing is a classic version with rich, moist, and full flavor to honor your tastebuds. If you are looking for some new dish for your next family get-together, nothing beats glazed meatloaf.
Since you need the a meatloaf pan, here are some of the best meatloaf pans to make glazed meatloaf.
If you follow the steps and serve this recipe, you won’t get the bad remarks that meatloaf often gets. Instead, it will convert the meatloaf hater into liking the dish. I have tried the recipe on many occasions, and my family often asks me to make more. The perfectly cooked and sweet, tangy glaze adds more taste and brings the ingredients together. Furthermore, the preparation is moderately easy, so you won’t have to spend hours preparing the servings.
What is so special about glazed meatloaf?
You can make meatloaf at home with healthy ingredients packed with protein to help keep you full. There is no limit to what delicious meals you can create when making wholesome choices. A good rule of thumb is sticking to whole ingredients and avoiding those in cans or packages.
The preparation is more accessible, and you get to eat healthier ingredients with additional servings like side vegetables and mashed potatoes. The recipe is easier to tweak, and you can easily increase or decrease the ingredients depending on the taste and their availability.
Additionally, you can get the calories to boost by adding more meat in the form of lean and tender pieces. It can help you achieve protein content while giving you a delicious meal. The veggies and meat collectively add nutritional benefits, providing you the servings that you crave for wellness and a healthy lifestyle.
Aside from the health benefits, glazed meatloaf has appealing looks and texture. To make it more special, you can serve the kids or guests with toppings like veggies, mashed potatoes, and toppings.
Things to Remember Before Making Meatloaf
It is a common mistake that most people make when mixing the ingredients. Find the right balance between partially and overmixed material, as overmixing can disturb the texture, contributing to the tough and densely glazed turkey meatloaves, or meatloaf sandwitches.
Line the Meatloaf Pan
Before starting the baking, line the meatloaf pan with the parchment paper. It will let you remove the meatloaf easily once it gets baked. It is better to get the nonstick coating pans for a perfect meatloaf. I have recommended the best meatloaf pans that can address the issue.
Chop the Ingredients Finely
Meatloaf does need finely chopped ingredients to provide a unique texture. Chop onions finely to allow them to cook properly. You won’t want to spoil the taste and texture of the recipe by chopping the onion coarsely.
Delicate Press the Meat
When putting the meat into the pan, proper pressing is helpful. If you want your meatloaf to retain its shape, gently pressing the meat will help. It also ensures the meatloaf does bake in a uniform shape and size.
- 2 eggs
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup milk
- Italian seasoning according to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt (Or according to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Meatloaf Sauce Ingredients
- 1 ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
How to Make?
- Before starting with the actual mixing and baking ingredients, lining the loaf pan is necessary. You can purchase a non-stick loaf pan from our recommended list to avoid this hassle. If you don’t have a non-stick loaf pan, use parchment paper to line the loaf pan.
- Like every baking dish, glazed meatloaf requires preheating the oven before placing the loaf pan. It helps to evenly bake and achieve the texture .you want from your food. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Now you have everything ready, but one primary step is missing: mixing the ingredients. Take a large bowl and add the ingredients to it. Start mixing the ingredients uniformly to achieve perfect baking.
- Place the meat in the loaf pan. Evenly place it into the pan followed by the gentle press. Now place the pan into the oven for 40 minutes at 350˚F.
- Take a small bowl to add the ingredients and mix them. Once all the things are homogenous, pour the sauce into the loaf pan over the meatloaf. Place it into the oven for more than 15-20 minutes.
- After removing the meatloaf from the oven, rest for 10-15 minutes. It will help to cool down and let you slice it easily. After cutting the meatloaf, add a topping of the baked juices leftovers from the loaf pan over it.