A Herbed beef stew is not all about beef but has numerous vegetables to make your day. It is something different than your regular stew. Having overflowed vegetables in the rich beef stew are just perfect for its type. You will have an ideal meal for the day.
The recipe includes a perfect balance of all nutrients. It is the start if you are on your way to a balanced and healthy diet. The best part is that salt is an optional ingredient. You can avoid it if there is a no sodium zone for you. Let’s check out what you can access in the recipe.
Easy Herb Simmered Beef Stew
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, carrots, green pepper, asparagus (Each and chopped)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp garlic (Powder)
- 1 tsp rosemary (Crushed)
How to Make?
- Add oil and brown meat to your Dutch oven by tossing it on medium heat.
- Add tomato paste, seasonings, onion, and water to the oven.
- Cover it and let simmer for about 1 ½ hour.
- Once the meat is tender, now add all vegetables to the pot and let it simmer for another 30 minutes.
- You can add more water if needed.
- Stir and mix all the remaining ingredients into the stew
- Cover the pot and simmer for another 20 minutes until it’s all mixed and thick
- Serve with bread sticks, rice, or itself.
- Make sure to cut the vegetables in the right size so all of them will get tender right in time
- You can half boil the hard or time-taking veggies so these will cook perfectly in time
- Sarthe vegetables like asparagus or peas before adding them to the stew will keep them fresh and crunchy
Frequently Asked Questions
Rosemary and bay leaves are the best herbs to add to the beef stew. These give a nice flavor and fulfilling touch to the stew, making it perfect for your meal.
The beef stew itself has the best flavor and all goodness. Furthermore, if you want a rich taste, you can add beef broth instead of just water.
If you choose to add fresh herbs instead of the dried ones, then basil and fresh rosemary are the options. These add more flavor and aroma to the recipe.
Adding flavor to a bland stew is not much tricky, even if you do not have a refined taste. If you know what you like the most, it is pretty simple to come up with a refined option of spices and herbs to add. You can start with some seasoning and then pick up a dried or fresh herb. It will eventually make it perfect and up to mark for you.