"We independently review the products we recommend! When you buy through links on TheLadyChef.com, We may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more"
The marinated tuna steaks are one of those juicy and succulent mains, which fit on all menus. Be it your potluck parties, festive dinners, or a date night with your special one! Making these in an Air fryer gives a nice and crisp top, plus it renders them fat-free. These steaks are all about bold flavors, although you only require the simple ingredients from your pantry!
You will require:
- Tuna Steaks
- Olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
Ingredient Notes and Variations
- Tuna Steak: Tuna steaks should be cut in thick slices to end up well while cooking on a grill or air fryer. Buy the freshest tuna steak that has a nice and vibrant pink color. I buy store-packed, sliced tuna, but you can also buy whole fish and clean and chop it yourself.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is the healthiest option to incorporate fat in any meal. Alternatively, add sesame oil for a nice flavor and low-calorie option.
- Garlic Powder: To be honest, I always prefer to use fresh ginger or garlic paste in my recipes, but in this recipe, Garlic powder gives the nice and desired flavor.
- Lemon Juice: Citrus flavor always makes the fish taste better and introduces a zest. Vinegar is also a good option.
- Salt and Pepper: Use as per taste. If you like spicy fish, use either chili flakes or green chili paste.
- Soy sauce: This is an optional ingredient but introduces a classic flavor to the fish.
- Honey: Honey balances the citrus from lemons, although you can skip it if you don’t like the sweetness. You can alternatively use honey mustard paste for a twist.
How to make Marinated Tuna Steaks?
1: Prepare the Tuna
- Take out the sliced tuna from the package and wash it thoroughly.
- Allow the water to drain. Pat dry the tuna slices using a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, pour olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add in salt, black pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce, and any optional ingredients if you want to.
- Marinate the tuna steaks in this Spice mix for at least half an hour. Keep the fish at room temperature.
3: Air frying the Tuna
- Start by preheating the Air Fryer to 400F.
- Arrange the tuna steaks in a lined Air fryer basket. Make sure that the pieces are placed at a distance and do not overlap each other.
- Air fry the fish at the same temperature for at least 10 minutes. If you have thicker slices, keep cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Check in between to avoid overcooking or scalding.
- When the fish is cooked thoroughly, remove it from the air fryer basket.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce or your favorite condiment.
Marinated Tuna Steaks (Air Fryer)
- 2 Tuna Steaks (170-200g each)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
How to Make?
- Wash the Tuna pieces thoroughly. Rinse and Pat dry
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Coat tuna steaks with the marinade. Allow it to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Put the marinated tuna steaks in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Cook the tuna steaks in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they are cooked to your desired doneness and have a golden sear.
- Remove the tuna steaks from the air fryer, let them rest for a minute, and then serve with your favorite side dishes.