"We independently review the products we recommend! When you buy through links on TheLadyChef.com, We may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more"
Mini Pizza Bites are a delicious and protein-rich snack. Fit them in the lunch boxes for your children or fix them up for evening tea. They make a good side with many main courses too!
Don’t have the energy to bake a family-sized pizza? Try this amazing Mini Pizza Bites recipe as they come up in perfect shape, taste, and aroma. They are a crowd-pleasing appetizer, side dish, evening snack, and an all-time favorite. What’s more? They get ready within 15 minutes. If you want something different for breakfast, try these Homemade Starbucks egg bites.
Why this recipe?
- It requires basic ingredients available in the pantry.
- It requires only 15 minutes to cook.
- You can also make these pizza egg bites in an air fryer or on a stove, without an oven.
- You can make them vegetarian by adding only veggies for toppings.
- Pizza Bites are a favorite snack of everyone.
Ingredients and Variations
- Onions: Use them as a topping or cook along with some chicken mince. Either way, they taste great on these bites.
- Chicken Mince: Chicken mince is easy to cook and spread atop pizza bites, but you can use chicken chunks or pepperoni too. Skip chicken if you want to make them vegetarian.
- Ginger/Garlic: Cook mince in ginger garlic paste to get the classic bold flavor. You can also use garlic powder to sprinkle it directly over the top.
- Bell Peppers: Cook it slightly with chicken mince to create a chunky layer of topping. You can also use sliced bell peppers as a topping.
- Vegan Mayonnaise: It makes the chicken mixture thick and creamy. Skip if you want to lower the calorie count.
- Tomato sauce: Use any of your favorite tomato sauces i.n. pizza sauce, ketchup, or chili garlic.
- Cheese: A blend of both Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses creates the perfect strings when melted. You can also alternate cheddar cheese with Monterey Jack or Gouda.
- Pizza Dough: Make some at home or buy some from the store. Either way, they both taste great. You can substitute Pizza Dough with Pita Bread, French Baguette, or Plain Bread slices too.
- Herbs and Seasonings: I always use some dried oregano as a topping on my pizza. You can also use red chili flakes or garlic powder.
How to Make The Best Mini Pizza Bites?
To make a spread-like topping, add oil to a cooking wok. Add onions and saute them until they become translucent.
Add chicken mince to the onion. Cook the mince until it becomes white. Be sure to keep the flame on low heat.
As the mince cooks, add ginger garlic paste and mix well. Add your favorite seasonings like salt, black pepper, red pepper powder, etc. Allow to cook for a while.
Add bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes until the moisture dries up. At this stage, add vegan mayonnaise if you like a creamy spread-like topping. Skip this step if you want to keep the caloric count low.
If you don’t want to use chicken mince, you can also use boneless chicken chunks and cook them in the same way.
Pepperoni also makes a great topping in these mini pizza bites along with veggies.
Roll out the prepared pizza dough and cut small circles of about 2.5-inch diameter.
Set a baking pan. Line the base with greased butter paper or grease the base of the pan and sprinkle some dry flour over it.
Set the pizza dough circles. Spread your favorite pizza sauce or tomato sauce over the circles. Set the topping over them.
Shred both cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top the mini pizza bites with cheese. If you like, garnish with chopped black olives or boiled corn kernels.
You can bake these mini pizza bites in an oven. Place the baking pan in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese becomes nicely golden.
Pan Baking on Stovetop
If you do not have an oven, set a heavy base pan on the stovetop with a grill liner. Allow it to preheat for at least 20 minutes with the lid covered.
Set the baking pan on top of the grill liner. Cover and bake for 15 minutes on very low heat until the cheese gets a nice top.
Baking in an air fryer
Preheat the Air-fryer to 180C for 10-12 minutes. Set the Mini Pizza Bites on the Air-fryer basket. Allow to bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
Storage and Freezing
- If you want to make and freeze the mini pizza bites, it is recommended to partly bake the crust so that it holds its shape. You can also make and freeze your favorite toppings.
- When you need to serve them, take the crusts out and assemble the mini pizza bites.
- Bake them and serve fresh.
- If you still want to freeze the leftover bites, wrap them individually in plastic cling film and freeze them in an airtight container. They remain good for as long as 2 months.
- Frozen mini pizza bites can be reheated in a microwave oven as and when required. Be sure not to set the temperature too high as it may make the crust hard.
What to Serve With Mini Pizza Bites?
Do we need anything else with these lovely, amazing, cheezy Pizza Bites? Perhaps not, but to complete an evening tea party menu, or introduce variety in a snack plate, let us consider a few items you can serve with them.
- The Classic Coleslaw
- Garlic Bread
- Macaroni Salad
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Garlic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- The Classic Stuffed Mushrooms and Bell Peppers
Mini Pizza Bites
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 250 g Boneless chicken chunks or Mince
- 8 oz tomato sauce/pizza sauce/chili garlic sauce
- ¼ cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- Prepared pizza dough / French Baguette
- Salt up to taste
- Black pepper up to taste
- ½ tsp Red Chili flakes
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Sliced black olives /corn kernels
- Mayonnaise optional
How to Make?
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken chunks/mince along with ginger garlic paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes, add salt, pepper, red chili flakes, and any other seasonings you like.
- If you want to make the topping creamy, add a tbsp of mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add the dried oregano. Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut into small circles.
- Spread your choice of tomato sauce on the circles. Layer the topping mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese, black olives, and corn kernels.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 10 to 12 minutes.
- You can also bake them in an air fryer. Preheat it to 180 c and bake the pizza bites for 7 to 10 minutes.