Are you prepared to abandon frozen, already-made lasagna? The recipe given below is the only manual you’ll require. Enjoy this ricotta cheese-topped, simple lasagna dish! It’s the ideal lasagna recipe produced at home. Stay tuned.
Ricotta cheese lasagna is an intelligent diversion from a regular or a Mexican lasagna as it is more tender, juicy, and mouthwatering. This lasagna has a delightful assembly of lentils, mushrooms, lean, and mince. These ingredients make this lasagna healthy and enrich the recipe with the original Bolognese taste.
When you hear the word lasagna, your mind automatically goes toward Italy. It is considered one of the classical Italian dishes, pasta and pizza. However, there is significant disagreement regarding the lasagna’s true ancestry.
According to the research, lasagna may have its roots in Greece in some remote form. People think the first pasta was created in Greece, while some claim it is of Roman or English origin. Despite all this debate, it is clear that the original origin of lasagna is Italy.
Ricotta cheese pasta has multiple layers of tomato paste sauce, ricotta cheese, and meat – people cannot get their hands off such a delicious recipe. The lasagna recipe below will take over all the other ones from your mind, as a couple of shortcuts listed in this recipe will make it easy. And if you want perfection try out our favourite and one of the best pans for making lasagna.
What is special about Ricotta Cheese Lasagna?
Ricotta cheese is one of the most loved lasagna recipes with a perfect mixture of three different kinds of cheese and spices, and it adds a perfect flavor to the fillings of your lasagna. Ricotta cheese lasagna contains a rich flavor of the unique ricotta cheese that gives a savory taste when combined with Italian sausages. The outcome of this dish is that it is full of flavors and the fillings are perfect.
Just like vegetarian lasagna, this lasagna contains all the healthy ingredients, including beef and vegetables. The recipe we will discuss below is easy; generally, everyone has easy access to all the ingredients utilized in this recipe.
Ricotta cheese is different from all other cheese available in the market, including mozzarella, cheddar, jack, parmesan, and feta cheese. Ricotta cheese adds a creamy layer to the lasagna, while other cheese gives a rough bubbly texture. It gives out a fluffy filling for the other layers of the ingredients. This ricotta cheese is easy to find and simple to make at home. All the other cheeses contain whole milk, but this ricotta cheese is made by cooking what leftovers of all the other cheese
Things to remember before making Ricotta Cheese Lasagna
Do not overcook the lasagna noodles
One trick to making ricotta cheese lasagna is never cooking the lasagna noodles thoroughly. Uncooked noodles will give the lasagna a dry texture, and handling dry lasagna noodles makes the whole recipe quick and easy to finish in a single sitting.
Keep the filling thick
The ricotta cheese filling is thick to avoid sogginess. To do this, add an egg to the recipe. Use full-fat ricotta cheese to make the cheese taste wholesome. The filling should not be watery.
Do not dish out the lasagna instantly after removing it from the oven
Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes after removing it from the oven. Give it some time to settle down and let it cool. The liquid will be absorbed, and the lasagna will look delicious.
Ricotta Cheese Lasagna
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp Italian spices including thyme leaves, oregano,and dried basil
- 1 pack lasagna noodles
- 2 lb ground chuck
- 6 cups pasta sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make?
- Grease the baking dish with oil
- Add the cooked and browned ground chuck in askillet, mix it with the pasta sauce and heat it on a low frame.
- Add an egg, garlic powder, ricotta cheese, Italianspices, and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix it thoroughly.
- Add a cup of meat sauce to the baking dish andadd water to it.
- Start adding layers of the lasagna noodles andprevent them from overlapping. Now add the roundly graded ricotta cheese mixture to the noodles and spread it all across the surface of the lasagna noodles.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese to the ricottalayer and cover it with 1 whole cup of meat sauce. This way, make a new layer by starting with thelasagna noodles, ground chuck, then sauce, and add all types of cheese.Save the remaining cheese for later if there isany.
- Cover the head of the dish with aluminum foiland let it rest in the refrigerator for the whole night.Put this covered dish in a cold oven and set the temperature to 350 degrees. Setthe timer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and add the leftovercheese on top of the lasagna; bake it inside a heated oven for another 15 to 25 minutes or wait until the cheese starts to melt. Wait before serving the lasagna and let the filling settle for a few minutes before serving it.