Slow cooker chipotle beef carnitas is a perfect dish to add to your meal table if you love species and tender meat in a tortilla. The filling turns out to the fantastic spices, but it is balanced with everything else in the dish. You are going to love it. The best part is you can use the leftovers later for other combination foods.
- The spice mixture is additional; you can store it for about one year in a cool and dry place.
- You can add the toppings of your choice other than cheese on the top.
- Make sure to use the shoulder-cut beef meat as it is the ideal fit for the recipe.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Carnitas
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 large sweet onions (thinly Sliced)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 poblano peppers (thinly Sliced)
- 1 tbsp cumin (Grounded)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard (Grounded)
- 1 tsp oregano (Dried)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 2 chipotle peppers (Chopped)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 16 ounces salsa
- 16 tortillas
- 3 cups queso fresco (Crumbled)
How to Make?
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl
- Cuts the roast in half and take ¼ cup of spices to mix it with roast. Store the rest of the spices mixture
- Take a large skillet and add oil to it. Toss the roast in a skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until all sides turn brown.
- Transfer meat with drippings to slow cooker and add onions and peppers in it as well.
- Top it with salsa and cook for about 8 hours on low settings.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker once done. Shred the roast with the help fork.
- Add meat to the cooker again and mix it well with the rest of the mixture.
- Now heat the tortilla bread and place ½ cup of filling mixture on each bread
- Sprinkle cheese on top with any additional topping of your choice.
- The spice mixture is additional, and you can store it for about one year in a cool and dry place
- You can add the toppings of your own choice other than just cheese on the top
- Make sure to use the shoulder-cut beef meat as it is the ideal fit for the recipe
The choice of meat here is optional. If you like the richness of the meat, then beef is the right option. However, you can opt for the chicken, but its cook time will reduce and change as per the meat tendency.
Beef shoulder is the ideal cut for the chipotle barbacoa. It contains enough fat that keeps the meat moist and juicy during the cooking and even afterward. You will get a perfect taste once it’s done.
It’s a beef chuck recipe that involves beef shoulder cut meat mostly. The slow-cook recipe is all savory and spicy. You can have perfectly shredded meat in the recipe with soaked-up gravy and flavors.
For carnitas, the appropriate meat cut option that you have is the shoulder cut. It is ideal for slow cooking and has the best taste that you will love in the recipe.