Slow cooker Tater Tot Casserole can be your perfect comfort food. Made with some amazing ingredients in a slow cooker, it turns out to be a perfect meal. You can have it in person, enjoy it with family or introduce it as a new success at your friend’s gatherings. Parried with all yummy ingredients, it turns out to be the best recipe to try ever.
Slow cooker Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 21 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 32 oz tater tot
- 29 oz green beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
How to Make?
- Take a large skillet and add onion with grounded beef in it after placing it on high heat.
- Cook beef until it’s brown and drain any fats coming out of it.
- In the skillet, add cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, and milk. Stir them well and keep them aside.
- Take half of the tater tots and spread their layer evenly in the slow cooker. Now layer beans on it and top it with the rest of the tots.
- Spread beef mixture on top of it and sprinkle the cheese.
- Now cover the cookers and let it slow cook for about 5 hours at the low settings
- Once done, serve warm to enjoy.
- Always layer the tarter tot evenly to avoid any thin layering on the pan
- Drain fats from the beef ground after cooking it helps to reduce the fats in a casserole and make tarter tot soggy
- You can add cheese in between casserole layers if you like to have it more cheesy
It is made of beef and tater tots which are crunchy potato product that comes in packaging. It makes the casserole even more appealing and crunchy. Moreover, the soup of mushrooms and cheddar makes the casserole creamy.
The alternative name of the dish is the Hotdish which refers to a cuisine that is cooked and served in a single dish.
It is possible to store tarter tote casserole in an air-tight jar or container for about five days. Keep it in the fridge at a minimal temperature. To use it, you can reheat it at around 350F for about 30 minutes or less based on the quantity of the casserole.