Vegetable beef ragu is an exciting meal to enjoy over the weekend with family. The perfect simmer in onion, garlic, tomatoes, and sauces makes it tempting. During the holiday season, on a rainy day, or Sunday, it is love sharing the love of family with a perfect Beef bite. It takes time to cook, so it is good to start over the weekend and serve on Sunday. The serving with spaghetti is the best combination.
Quick Vegetable Beef Ragu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 small aubergine
- ½ tsp basil dried
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 250 ml beef stock
- 450 g spaghetti
- ½ cup parmesan for serving
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
How to Make?
- In a large casserole, heat olive oil at moderate heat. Add the minced beef and a pinch of salt and cook until it turns pink for 4 to 5 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break it up.
- Stir onion, celery, carrot, aubergine, and courgette, with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables become soft.
- Add herbs, tomatoes, and beef stock and stir.
- Leave it to simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes turn soften and break down completely.
- Meanwhile, set the large pot of water for boiling. Once it starts boiling, add salt and spaghetti to cook for 10 minutes.
- When spaghetti is done, drain the water and set it aside. Then, Add the spaghetti to the beef ragu, and combine it well.
- Add the salt and pepper as per the taste.
- Serve in the serving bowl and add parmesan cheese over the top or serve on the side.
- Finely chopped tomatoes and vegetables give a perfect taste
- Slow simmering will provide the excellent taste
Frequently Asked Questions
Ragu means sauce that is made from meat and vegetables. People often use beef, lamb, and other meat to cook it with tomatoes at slow heat. The dried herbs added in the cooking process increase aroma. It is usually served with spaghetti or pappardelle.
The meat often used in Ragu is beef, lamb, fish, poultry, and others. It is a meat-based sauce in which meat is cooked with tomatoes for the perfect taste.
The best cut of meat for Ragu is beef brisket or roast. It is simmered with tomatoes, garlic cloves, and basil with seasoning of salt, pepper, and dried herbs. The best way to get the perfect taste is to cook or simmer over slow heat.
In Italian cooking, Ragu is a seasoned Italian sauce made with meat, tomatoes, and vegetables. It is the chief pasta sauce in which celery, carrots, onion, and tomatoes are finely chopped to cook with beef.